During the fifties, the City Council of Pretoria donated 16 plots in Danville to the NHSV, at which two old-age homes were planned, Die Van Rensburg and Louis Trichardt Monument Houses. Louis Trichardt Monument House was built for 75 healthy elderly people. The design was done by Mr Bosman of the firm Neethling and Bosman. The Dutch Reformed Orphan Builders have already started construction work next month. This home’s first memorial plaque was unveiled on March 20, 1957. The first inhabitants of Louis Trichardt moved in 1958, and the institution was officially opened in November 1958. . After 9 years of struggle and wrath with all the authorities, Mrs Kotie Viljoen, then Director of the Elderly Care, received the green light in 1990 to begin upgrading the home. On 20 August 1993, the hostel will be reused. At the moment, the complex houses 80 inhabitants, which still all function independently. In 1982, the hostel established their own social worker.
Here, housing is offered as a room facility, which includes 2 meals and certain support services.
Monument Service Center and Louis Trichardt housing complex work very closely together and are within walking distance of the hostel. Social and recreation programs are thus given to the elderly.
The following are offered:
• Breakfast, – afternoon dinner
• Central laundry services
• Cleaning Service
• Regular social programs