Our Home Riviera Annual Report 2017/18
Time really does not wait for anyone! A year passes by and before you can say the proverbial “knife”, it's time to write an annual report. And so we can look back with gratitude for each day we could serve.
OUR HOME Riviera 2017/18
THANK YOU FOR DONATIONS
The annual donors function was held on 19 October 2017. During this occasion, Mrs. Kok thanks to people who have helped in a special way to make the care of the older persons in OUR HOME easier and possible. Some of these ``friends`` from OUR HOME provide regular financial contributions, other donors offer their voluntary assistance in a variety of other ways. After the words of resignation, the House Management spoiled the guests with a fragrant breakfast
OUR HOME RIVER
Additional information for Annual Report 2017/18 – Events and Highlights
Time really does not wait for anyone! A year passes by and before you can say the proverbial “knife”, it’s time to write an annual report. And so we can look back with gratitude for each day we could serve.
• Mrs. Lilly Visagie became 101 years old on February 22, 2018. She is a remarkable lady and while she no longer engages in long conversations, she is able to share her needs with staff, friends and family. She is weakened, but enjoy watching her children on the sidewalk where she can see everyone coming and going!
• People get older because of better quality of life and advances in medical technology. Currently we house 33 people over 90 years old.
• Mrs. Judy Kieser had 21 years of service at Ons Tuis and she was known to everyone because she worked at the Receiving Office. We give her blessed years of retirement and are grateful for the faithful service she has rendered.
• Mr. Chris Fourie, the factotum, reached retirement age and Mr. Jannie du Preez has been appointed as a Factor for Our Home as well as for Machteld Postmus Housing Complex.
• Mrs. Tronell Oosthuizen is from January 2018 in a part-time job as the Financial Officer until the end of October 2018 as she grew 65 years old.
• Mrs. Corlia Schutte resigned as Occupational Therapist and Miss. Nicol Vorster has been appointed in the position.
• There was little change in staff due to resignations.
ACTIVITIES AND FUNCTIONS
• The daily activities are offered by the Occupational Therapist and make a big difference to the quality of life of the elderly. The daily exercises improve balance and the incidents due to falls are thereby reduced. We are privileged to get the Occupational Therapy students, the Physiotherapy students, Nursing students as well as the Speech Therapy students from the University of Pretoria for their practical training. Dept Social Services attaches great importance to activities offered for older persons in homes. A report must be submitted monthly with all details of an activity program and proof of attendance attached.
• During July 2017, Our Home participated in the exhibition during the NHSV congress.
• On 26 October 2017, Pikkieland Kindergarten invited our residents to attend their annual concert. It is always a wonderful experience for our residents. The contact with children is highly appreciated and the older people enjoy this excursion more than words can be described.
• On 4 November 2017, the ADV came to Our Home and they visited the sections where the persons with advanced dementia are taken care of.
• The annual Christmas function was held on 17 November 2017. This listening function is organized by the House Management. It’s the highlight of the year and deserve great praise!
• During November 2017, upgrade was started at Ons Tuis by PCM. Roof plate is replaced where necessary and solar panels are installed.
• Various ceilings are damaged in rooms due to water leaks on the roof after upgrading.
• The exterior walls of the Facility will be painted, but the pigeons are a major problem.
• The water pipes in the roof are old and rusted, and it often bursts or rusts through. This causes the ceilings to get wet and tumbling together. Residents are therefore disturbed.
• The floors in the corridors break down and are at great risk of falling, but they will be replaced during the second phase of upgrading.
• Under the chairmanship of the chairman of Our Home House Management, Ms. Marietjie Kok, was the annual bazaar held on March 3, 2018. The true traditional bazaar is the most important fundraising function of the year. Large inputs are provided by the onsite guardians of Ons Home to make the bazaar a success every time.
• The inhabitants are responsible for the sewing table. There are other groups of people who get involved to add hand with the creation of articles. There are currently very few inhabitants still helping to make articles due to drowning health and aging.
• Thanks to the House Management for regular garbage sales to raise funds for the purchase of curtains, towels, sheets, pillowcases and blankets.
THANK YOU FOR DONATEURS
• The annual donors function was held on 19 October 2017. During this occasion, Mrs. Kok thanks to people who have helped in a special way to make the care of the elderly in Our Home easier and easier. Some of these “friends” from Our Home provide regular financial contributions; Other donors offer their volunteer assistance in various other ways. After the words of resignation, the House Management spoiled the guests with a fragrant breakfast.
• The Parent Persons Act 13 of 2006 requires a subsidized home to have an outreach project. For example, home delivery in Ramotse started in Hammanskraal in 2013. The project is being conducted by Dept. Social Services subsidized.
• The home care program must be registered with Dept Social Services.
• Two caregivers make the home visits and are zealous in carrying out their duties.
REPORT BY E.MANS
OUR HOME van Rensburg
OUR HOME Van Rensburg delivers 24-hour comprehensive care to 113 elderly people who need care. The Van Rensburg home department's demincation department for people with Alzheimer's disease is designed to be a safe haven for these persons.
Our Home Piet Potgieter
ONS TUIS Piet Potgieter geleë in 'n baie rustige omgewing in Potgietersrus. Die Bosveld omgewing met die sy gematigde klimaat skep die perfekte omgewing vir die aftree jare. Verskeie dienste word hier aan ouer persone gelewer..
Keep Your Customers In Focus Always Stay Connected
Mission of Our Home and the Monuments The institution will achieve this by living its values and pursuing sound governance, and being recognized locally, nationally relevant.